Century West Engineering, a premier Northwest civil engineering consulting firm, is looking for an Airport Planner to join our team.
The right candidate will complete the preparation of airport planning and/or environmental documents on general aviation and commercial service airports. Planning documents may include but are not limited to: airport master plans, airport layout plans, NEPA environmental documents, creation of alternatives and design standards for environmental assessments, Exhibit “A” property maps, site selection studies, aeronautical surveys, aviation forecasts, instrument approach feasibility studies, safety and security analysis, justification analyses, grant applications, FAA forms, and benefit cost analysis studies. Work includes marketing, airport design, research, analysis, technical writing, public involvement assistance, and associated planning services for airport projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of airport master planning, system planning, airfield planning, terminal planning, airspace planning, and environmental studies.
- Assist in the preparation of technical presentations, reports, scopes of work, budgets, and schedules for airport planning studies.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with project team and clients.
- Assist in the development of planning concept alternatives for major elements of airport infrastructure including airfield, passenger terminal, landside access, cargo, and support areas.
- Work on several projects or issues concurrently.
- Participate in public meetings, public hearings, agency meetings, and coordinate with airport users.
- Assist with business development and proposal preparation.
- Continuously monitor project budgets.
- Review projects for submittal ensuring accuracy, neatness, and timeliness.
- S./B.A. Degree in Aviation Management, Aeronautical Science or Planning.
- Analytical, organizational, and communications skills.
- Detailed knowledge of FAA Advisory circulars and orders that pertain to airport planning and design.
- Minimum Experience: 0-5 years of aviation planning experience at GA, regional, and commercial service airports.
- Professional certifications such as, AICP, AAAE AAE or CM, PMP, or ability to obtain.
We offer a competitive compensation package including company subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time and holidays; life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program; and 401(k) plan with a company match.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com