Century West Engineering is a Pacific Northwest civil engineering consulting firm with a focus on municipal and aviation consulting. We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive and energetic Controller to help facilitate our continued growth. In this role, you will oversee the financial, accounting and payroll functions of the organization. The information, reports and advice that you provide will result in sound financial decision making by Company leadership.
This position will be based out of our Lake Oswego, Oregon location. Occasional travel should be anticipated.
As Controller you will manage all financial aspects of the organization as well as recommend financial strategies, objectives and policies. The position involves a high degree of complexity due to extensive financial reporting rules, practices, and guidelines. The Controller is expected to determine their own practices and procedures, and contributes to the development of new concepts, practices, and strategies. Incumbent operates independently with minimal supervision.
Minimum requirements include:
The responsibilities for this role will include, but are not limited to:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- Seven (7) years or more of related experience required
- Certified Public Accountant or MBA preferred
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Working knowledge of regulatory standards and all aspects of GAAP and FAR
- Experience with Deltek Ajera is preferred
- Establishing, or recommending to management, major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company.
- Plans, directs and coordinates all accounting operational functions.
- Provides management with information vital to decision-making process.
- Oversees and coordinates preparation of internal and external financial statements.
- Recommends modifications to existing corporate programs.
- Responsible for preparation of reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Directs and manages preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Assists and supports management in development of the annual business plan.
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization’s financial status and progress in its various programs and activities.
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets.
- Computes company overhead rate in accordance with FAR requirements.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions.
- Arranges for audits of company’s accounts.
- Oversees and coordinates activities of external auditors and tax preparers.
- Responsible for preparation of reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Oversees regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions.
- Oversees payroll and accounting related administration of 401k plan and other benefit programs.
- Overall responsibility for hiring, training and retaining accounting department staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Must be organized, detailed, and able to multitask in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Must be capable of adapting to varying workloads and work assignments.
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must take ownership of projects from start to finish (take initiative and be proactive).
- Be able to work without supervision.
- Have a professional and positive demeanor.
- Must have excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
We offer a competitive compensation package including company subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time and holidays; life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program; and 401(k) plan with a company match.
If you’re interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Century West Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.