Century West Engineering, a premier Northwest engineering consulting firm, is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team. As an Electrical Project Engineer, you will work on a variety of municipal projects including public and private projects involving water systems, wastewater systems, street improvements, and park improvements. The qualified candidate will provide excellence in the design of electrical systems and integrate these designs to deliver a combined package. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys problem solving, working smart and hard on important projects, in collaborative teams with multiple stakeholders, and who has a proven record of getting results. This position will report to the Electrical Department Manager and may be located in our Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, Spokane, Washington, or Sandpoint, Idaho offices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop electrical site plans, electrical plan drawings, lighting plan drawings, one-line diagrams, wiring diagrams, network diagrams, electrical equipment layout and elevation drawings, electrical schedules, P&IDs, and prepare electrical specifications
- Prepare and review electrical construction cost estimates
- Coordinate with and review design work from other engineers and technicians
- Provide submittal reviews and electrical construction oversite
- Review project scope and estimates
- Track and adhere to project scope and budget
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or appropriate discipline
- Professional Electrical Engineer in Idaho or Washinton, or ability to apply for reciprocity
- Have 4+ years of relevant experience in power systems, lighting, and control systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Bluebeam Revu
- Experience with design/knowledge related to PLCs, MCCs, VFDs, Standby Power Systems, and SCADA systems preferred
- Experience with power analysis software (ETAP, SKM, EasyPower) and lighting analysis software (Visual, Agi32) preferred
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, and vision benefits; paid sick leave, vacation, and holidays; life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program; and 401(k) plan.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected status.