We are a premier Northwest engineering consulting firm, that is looking for a skilled Electrical Engineer to join our Coeur d’Alene, Idaho office. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects. You will be self-driven and thrive in a flexible work environment.
As an Electrical Project Engineer you will work on a variety of municipal projects including public and private projects involving water systems, wastewater systems, street improvements, park improvements and other municipal projects.
The qualified candidate will provide excellence in the design of electrical systems and integrate these designs to deliver a combined package. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys problem solving, working smart and hard on important projects, in collaborative teams with multiple stakeholders, and who has a proven record of getting results.
This position will report to the Electrical Department Manager and will be located in the Sandpoint, Idaho office. Job requires regional travel up to 20% of the time.
What you will bring:
0-3 years Electrical Design work experience/relevant course work in the following areas:
- Distribution System Design
- Panel Schedules
- Conduit and Wire Schedules
- Generator Sizing
- Motor Controls
- Lighting System Design (Interior & Exterior)
- Fixture Selection
- Photometric Calculations
Client Interface and Interpersonal Skills
Knowledge and use of Software:
- PLC Based System Design
- Relay Logic
- Control Panels
What you will be responsible for:
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
- Adobe (Acrobat)
- Bluebeam (Revu)
- Power Analysis Software (ETAP, SKM, EasyPower)
- Lighting Analysis Software (Visual, Agi32)
- Take active position in the design and development of project drawings and specifications.
- Assist with project and client management.
What we offer:
- Develop electrical site plans.
- Develop detailed electrical plan drawings.
- Develop detailed lighting plan drawings.
- Develop detailed specialty systems plan drawings.
- Develop one-line diagrams and riser diagrams.
- Develop electrical equipment layout and elevation drawings.
- Develop electrical specifications.
- Perform lighting system studies.
- Perform power system studies, including Arc Flash studies and selective coordination studies.
- Coordinate electrical design tasks with other disciplines.
- Review project scope and estimates.
- Track and adhere to project scope and budget.
We invest in both public and private projects in our local communities, and are the preferred provider for design of electrical, controls, lighting, and automation for municipal projects.
We offer a competitive compensation package including company subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time and holidays; life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program; and 401(k) plan with a company match.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org