Century West Engineering, a premier Northwest civil engineering consulting firm, is looking for an Electrical Engineer-in-Training to join our Sandpoint, ID team.
Assists project engineers or other designee with design engineering, calculation and project completion. Visits project sites to observe field activities. Documents and reports to the acting project engineer any field changes in comparison to existing plans and specifications. Performs other duties as required. The job involves a low to moderate level of complexity and operates from established and well-known procedures. Incumbent operates under moderately high supervision.
You will have:
You will have:
- Assist in preparation of preliminary design specifications and drawings for
engineering/environmental disciplines related to the tasks or project.
- Visits job sites for field activity observation. Confirms that field activities are conforming to design plans and specifications or project documents.
- Performs engineering/environmental calculations.
- Coordinates design work with the project engineer or designee. Documents, reports, and/or makes changes from design and or project documents during the field activities, as directed and approved by the project engineer or designee.
- Responsible for task implementation as part of a multi-task project.
- Assists team members in meeting project objectives.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the project objectives.
- Visit job sites in support of proposal preparation.
- Assist in business development as directed by supervisor or designee.
- Provide backup and/or assistance to other divisions as assigned or deemed necessary by supervisor or designee.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients through meetings, phone calls,
- Develop knowledge and understanding about the company and be able to explain available services or other disciplines to perspective clients.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent specializing in engineering, geology or related science, or construction management.
- Fundamentals of Engineering Certification (FE) / Engineer in Training (E.I.T) or equivalent experience or ability to obtain one when eligible for certification.
- Minimum Experience: None.
- Other required skills:
- Basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Advanced math (analysis, statistics, engineering calculations, and project economics)
- Ability to operate office equipment: telephones, printers, copiers, calculators
- Ability to use computer hardware (keyboards) and software (word processing, spreadsheets, basic programming, AutoCAD and design software)
- Ability to design and/or sketch by hand and/or on computer
- Basic technical report writing
- Physical ability to perform duties during field activities which may require walking and climbing
- Ability to handle heights and confined spaces
- Problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork; discretion; problem analysis; basic and advanced math skills
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand clearly
- Decision making; creativity; customer service
- Perform strategic project analysis
We offer a competitive compensation package including company subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time and holidays; life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program; and 401(k) plan with a company match.
An Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
No relocation package included.
If interested, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org