Produces engineering drawings for review and construction, using a personal computer with AutoCAD software; coordinates drawings to reflect company standards as well as industry standards; supports CAD group and assists all engineering groups as needed. The job involves a moderate degree of complexity due to the importance of understanding structures and the inter-workings of computer programs. An Intermediate CAD Operator may operate from established and well-known procedures, but he or she also may be expected to determine his or her own policies and procedures, contributing to the development of new concepts. Incumbent receives moderate supervision. Work on each project is checked by the engineer of record for the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete projects in a timely manner.
- Assists other CAD Operators in blueprinting, plotting, and drawing.
- Prepares drawings showing building sections and details of specific conditions. Coordinates drawings with plans showing where the conditions occur.
- Issues revisions and addenda to construction documents as needed.
- Plots, designs, and produces complete sets of working drawings for review and construction.
- Produces documents used for estimating bidding and construction and marketing.
- Reviews CAD efforts with project engineer to ensure that drawings are correct.
- Makes any revisions necessary.
- Responsible for detail completed drawing accuracy on.
- Visits job site and gathers information necessary for accurate drawings and calculations, as directed by a project manager.
- May create graphics for proposals or projects with CorelDraw or another graphics program.
- Assists other engineering groups when needed.
- Serve and assist to entry-level staff as mentor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Associate degree or equivalent specializing in drafting or CAD operation. Continuing education in new software packages. Classroom or on-the-job training in reading blueprints.
- Minimum Experience: 4 to 8 years of related AutoCAD experience of civil, environmental, and industrial controls. Company standards may be learned on the job. Using current AutoCAD software. Experience with Softdesk or other design software. Manage multiple smaller projects.
- Other required skills:
- Basic math (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Advanced math (analysis, statistics, significant data or number manipulation).
- Ability to operate office and drafting equipment: telephones, copiers, desktop and drafting printers, modems.
- Ability to use computer hardware (keyboards) and software (AutoCAD R14, plotting programs, drafting programs).
- Ability to visualize spatial relationships and interpret engineers’ sketches.
- Teamwork, initiative, ability to read, write, speak and understand clearly.
- Perform basic math.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Decision making, problem analysis.
- Perform advanced math.
- Perform basic and advanced programming, use of discretion, training/supervising.
If you’re interested, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org