Century West Engineering, a premier Northwest civil engineering consulting firm, has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our Portland Office. As a Project Manager you will provide project management, engineering design leadership, and client development for public infrastructure projects.
In the area of project management:
You will oversee all phases through completion of concurrent, small to large design projects; coordinate and supervise the workload of engineers, CAD technicians and subcontractors through-out the project; ensure accurate project accounting including – budget compliance, scheduling, invoicing and collection along with regular status updates to the client.
In the area of engineering design leadership:
You will oversee the key engineering design elements of a project and independently coordinate the work of engineering design staff throughout the life of the project. You will participate in reviews with various municipal agencies for design compliance and in directing the technical staff in addressing client feedback. You will be involved in the production, coordination, and management of several projects concurrently and will be responsible for quality of technical deliverables including coordination/review of sub-consultants.
In the area of client development:
You will work in conjunction with the marketing team for client development and marketing pursuits; schedule and attend meetings with existing and new clients to develop project leads; assist the marketing team in the development of project proposals, schedules, and bids; will participate in presentations.
You will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or appropriate discipline
- Professional Engineer (PE) in Oregon or ability to apply for reciprocity
- Minimum 8 years of relevant civil engineering experience
- Experience and knowledge of transportation and municipal design standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated track record of delivering projects within budget
- Ability to lead and work with varying teams and discipline area.
- Strong project management skills required, including attention to project documentation and quality control
- Excellent marketing and business development skills
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills
We offer a competitive compensation package including company subsidized medical, dental, and vision benefits; paid vacation/sick time and holidays; life and disability insurance, Employee Assistance Program; and 401(k) plan with a company match.
Please consider this exciting career opportunity and email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
An Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.